Monday, November 8, 2010

Winter Wonders

It's Monday which means it's time for Marissa's Must Haves! This past weekend I was shopping at Forever 21 and all of their Winter clothing was out. It got me thinking about the five winter items every girl should have.

1. A pair of high-heeled snow boots. This particular pair are Jemma lace-ups and the perfect combination of casual winter wear and high end fashion. During the wet and snowy seasons it's usually not the best idea to wear your $600 suede Prada pumps out in the rain unless you have a spare pair. The boots elevate you off the ground while providing coverage for your foot and keeping you nice and warm. A quality boot is always a great thing to invest in!

2. A comfy cozy sweater. This beige sweater is cute and warm at the same time. I think a lot of people are always debating between a really warm, but rather grandma-esq sweater or a thinner, less comfortable, sexier sweater. This sweater combines the best of both worlds.















3. A pair of gloves. When Winter sets in and your hands start to crack a pair of good gloves are the perfect solution! These uber chic, comfortable, and versatile gloves will keep your hands toasty without the bulk of most winter pairs.













4. A gorgeous coat! This coat is very stylish while maintaining the appropriateness of Winter attire. I love the military buttons, renaissance style, and subtle vintage charm.
















5. And finally, a lovely sweater dress. Worn with a great pair of brightly colored leggings and nice boots, this charming white sweater dress is the perfect solution to brightening up your stormy days.














I finished my neighbor's clothing today. She was very satisfied which was very gratifying. Hopefully this will help kick-start my business!

Starting tomorrow I will be posting a French word of the day in preparation for January's challenge. I've really got to start dedicating myself more if I want to be successful come the beginning of the year. I feel kind of brain-dead today. I'm not even really comprehending what I'm writing right now so I think I better go get some sleep.

Au Revoir!

"Don't be afraid to take time to learn. It's good to work for other people. I worked for others for 20 years. They paid me to learn. " - Vera Wang

No comments:

Post a Comment