Thursday, November 11, 2010

Love

Last month I saw Easy A, where the protagonist, Olive Penderghast, remarks upon the lack of chivalry in this day and age. No one ever rides off on a lawn mower with the love of their life (Can't Buy Me Love), or plays a boombox outside the girl's window (Say Anything). Every girl wants that, I think. That over the top, wow, thing that a guy does to show them how much they care. I love eighties movies. Nowadays a lot of the romantic comedies are a little more down to earth with their often sad, but realistic endings. I hope, so much, that I have that world-altering, unbelievable kind of love when I’m older. I don’t want to settle, and I’m really scared of that. 


Anyways, Happy Veteran’s Day to everyone. I hope that sometime today people took the time to thank someone they knew who are or have served our country. Thank-you to everyone who have given their lives or are currently fighting for our freedom. God Bless.

I absolutely love November! This is one of my favorite months. The holidays are just about upon us and I love the vibes in the air. It’s also supposed to snow heavily this year which I can’t wait for!

French word of the day: amour which means love.

Au Revoir!

“. . . beauty is something that changes with time.”- Karl Lagerfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment