Saturday, November 6, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress

There's nothing I love more then a day spent watching Say Yes to the Dress, which is exactly what I did today. I love to watch the screen fill up with white confections of lace, tulle, and satin. Being too young to seriously think about getting married, I can only pine after the beautiful dresses advertised, and hope to some day have a reason to wear one. While I am very excited about the dress aspect, (what bride-to-be isn't?), I think that the show sometimes glorifies the materialistic aspects of a wedding more than they should. It puts out the idea that the only reason to get married is to get the dress, which is of course not true. Regardless, once you've found the perfect guy, nearly every women dedicates the next nine-fifteen months of their pre-married life, searching for that perfect dress; the one that makes them feel special and beautiful and iridescent. I believe that I have already found mine, preemptive as that may seem. It's a gorgeous Pnina Tornai gown with the perfect combination of elegance and couture style. Hopefully I'll someday be able to afford it. It clocks in at about $22,000 dollars not including undergarments, shoes, tiara, or veil. So we'll see!

I spent the rest of the day working on some sewing projects. I finished a gorgeous new scarf, pictures of which I will try to post within the next few days, and am almost done with my neighbor's clothing. I'm going to hop in the bath now before it gets too late, I slept in until two in the afternoon today and hope to be up early tomorrow to finish reviewing the spring fashion shows.

Au Revoir!

“About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs.” - Manolo Blahnik


No comments:

Post a Comment