Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fall 2011 RTW

D'accord, alors voici quelques photos de l'automne de cette année des collections de prêt-à-porter. Il ya seulement eu un couple de designers posté ce jour sur mon web site, style.com, donc je ferai en sorte de poster plus dès qu'ils sont téléchargés il.

Okay, so here are some pictures from this year's fall ready-to-wear collections. There have only been a couple of designers posted so far on my go to web site; style.com, so I'll make sure to post more as soon as they are uploaded there.



Dsquared²





















Giorgio Armani
















Iceberg





















Just Cavalli







































Piazza Sempione






















So, I need to make cash, fast (although who doesn't) and would love to hear any ideas you may have on how to accomplish this. I have several items coming up that need to be payed for and am trying to figure out quick, easy, and possibly unconventional ways to make money. If you have any ideas please post! Also I'm looking into starting a youtube channel (one of my many money schemes) and will possibly begin posting some of my blog posts via video! Also, please comment below if you have any ideas on video topics I could use for my channel. Thanks!

State competition is coming up really soon! Thursday I leave and I will get back on Saturday. Seeing as I made seventh last year (unfortunately two places away from qualifying for nationals) there is the possibility that I could make nationals this year but I'm not counting on it. There are so many people and so many variables that it's an extremely unsure thing, but you never know! If I place well enough to get to go to nationals, I will be attending the event in. . . Orlando, Florida! While it is very exciting I almost don't want to go, seeing as I will be traveling there with my family soon and would rather wait to experience it with them. As soon as I get back I will make sure to post about it!

A friend of  mine was eating a Luna bar today, which I've never had, and told me that I absolutely have to try them, the lemon zest ones particularly. So, depending on cash, I'm going to be posting about a different flavor luna bar every week until I run out of luna bar flavors, or cash, whichever happens first!

Okay, so personally I haven't really been wowed by any of the designers thus far in the fall 2011 RTW collections. I enjoyed Dsquared², and Just Cavalli, but everything else has been pretty flat to me. Hopefully, as more designers show their lines, I will get more excited for the coming fall. 

You may remember a purple lace dress, designed by Elie Saab and presented in his 2011 Couture line, featured during my horrendously long post of pictures a couple of weeks ago. While checking my email I saw a picture of Mila Kunis wearing the exact same piece on comcast and started jumping up and down, yelling, "That's my dress! That's my dress!" I got a lot of weird looks, seeing as I was residing in my school's computer lab at the time, but I didn't care! I was just so excited to see something that I'd seen on the runway, worn in "real life". Here is a fantastic picture of her in that absolutely gorgeous gown walking the red carpet at the Oscar's this past Sunday.



Before I go, I just read an article that has got me all strung out. One of my favorite designers John Galliano, who has been designing for Christian Dior for fourteen years, is being fired due to a remark he made that was extremely offensive and disturbing. I hate it when people mix their personal opinions with work, especially when their opinion is one that is so monstrous, it's hard to believe that he really said it. It's a real shame because I really loved his designs and was looking forward to many more years of gorgeous garments. While he is in the process of being fired, I don't believe he will just vanish and I'm sure he will resurface soon, and next time, will hopefully keep his opinions to himself. 

This link has the article in the Los Angeles Times if you wish to read it: 


French word of  the day: Choquer which means shocking.

Au Revoir!

"A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her own clothes." - Vera Wang.

No comments:

Post a Comment