Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings


J'ai vraiment, vraiment, la haine jour le jour du printemps des économies. Hier je me suis réveillé à dix, puis s'est rendu compte qu'il était en fait onze et presque pleuré. Je suis si grognon aujourd'hui!


I really, really, hate the spring daylight's savings day. Yesterday I woke up at ten and then realized that it was actually eleven and almost cried. I'm so grumpy today!

Back to the Fall 2011 RTW Collections:

Alexandre Herchcovitch
I wasn't a fan of this line but I thought that the general ideas were good.





















Alexis Mabille
I LOVED his line this year. I think he is gaining a sophisticated edge that will help propel him to the top in the years to come.






























































































Alice + Olivia
I LOVED this line! It was ultra feminine and ultra gorgeous!


































































































Altuzarra
This line was kind of weird for me. The combination of fabrics and colors in this line just felt off.









































Andrew Gn
I was pleasantly surprised with this line. I had never heard of the designer and the overview picture didn't look promising but when I looked at each individual piece I realized how beautiful the whole thing was. The design of the garments was gorgeous and I just loved the coats.





























Anna Sui
This line was a bizarre jumble of fabrics, prints, lengths, and cuts; and yet it all somehow came together to create a stunning line.








































Ann Demeulemeester
This line was frankly, just plain weird. The constant black made for a bleak show and after the fourth fur covered frock, I began to feel ill. The mass of fur that adorned these poor girls looked grotesquely like it'd been slung on them straight off the chopper. On the other hand though I liked the structure of the garments and the way they were cut, I just would've liked a little more color.




















Anne Valérie Hash
This line was nothing too exciting but the quality of the garments was evident so I give it a seven out of ten.





















Ann-Sofie Back Atelje
Besides this piece below, the rest of the line was a non-stop stream of pastel walls. I would have liked to see more color and more structure.



Anthony Vaccarello
I loved the background lights on this show and the easy simplicity of the line.




















Antonio Berardi
At first look I wasn't a fan of this particular line but as I kept flipping through the pictures I found myself liking it more and more. 









































I will finish the A's tomorrow and get started on the B's. I've got my state mandated tests tomorrow and am volunteering at a soccer game to help raise money for my trip to Victoria, Canada (I'm going with my school's band as part of their color guard). Hopefully I'll make enough to go!

My St. Patty's day item of the day is: A picture I found of a leprechaun's hat in cake form!



French word of the day: Vin which is French for wine.

Au Revoir!

"A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you. " - Françoise Sagan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment