Monday, January 24, 2011

Designers Then And Now

Voici une liste des mes favori designers, (certes je n'ai pas vu tous les, je suis sûr qu'il y aura d'autres à venir). Ci-dessous est certains images et des notes de eux ont changé et cultivé au fil des ans. Appréciez!

So here is a list of my favorite designers, (admittedly I have not seen all of them, so I'm sure there will be more to come). Below is some pictures and notes of how they have changed and grown over the years. Enjoy!

Christian Louboutin: I absolutely love his shoes. I love how identifiable they are. Even without the red under sole you can tell they are his simply by the quality and the style of them.

Fact: Did you know that Christian Louboutin incorporated the red sole in 1992 and didn't even mean to? "This happened by accident as I felt that the shoes lacked energy so I applied red nail polish to the sole of a shoe. This was such a success that it became a permanent fixture." - Christian Louboutin.

One of my personal favorite Louboutin pair



Valentino: Valentino has always been a long time favorite for me. I love his signature red and how there are always bows and frills to be seen wherever you may look. Valentino is truly the princess' designer.

Then: Spring 2004 Couture
Now: Couture Fall 2010






















Chanel: When I was born my parents got one of those framed posters that lists things like movies that we're popular the day I was born, or important events that occurred in other years on my birth date, etc. . Well, one of the lists was of famous people that were born the same day as me, August 19th. One of them happen to be Coco Chanel. I remember when I first started becoming interested in designing, rereading that sentence over and over again and thinking it must be destiny that Coco Chanel was born on my birthday, it had to be! Thus began my obsession with everything Chanel. From movies to books to the design house I was and am still very interested in her. She led, at times, a very hard life, yet she created something for herself; a name. A name that would live on long after she was gone and become what the world would come to recognize as elegance in it's simplest form.

Then: Fall 2006 RTW
Now: Couture Fall 2010



























Christian Dior: Dior. Is there a sexier name? Does it not just roll off the tongue? Besides having an irrsesistable name, Dior has year after year produced beautiful lines. John Galliano, who since 1996, has been the head designer, is still going strong, designing show after show that every time proves to be both exciting and incredibly stylish.

Then: Couture Spring 2003
Now: Couture Fall 2010






















Oscar de la Renta: I absolutely love him simply because you can almost always tell when you are in the presence of an Oscar de la Renta gown. It's elegant, it's beautiful, it's in every way wonderful. I hope to someday have the opportunity to wear one for myself, or better yet meet the maker.

Then: Spring 2001 RTW
Now: Pre-Fall 2011






















Christian Lacroix: Yet another designer with the first name Christian. I guess I just have a thing for the name?

Then: Spring 2004 Couture
Now: Fall 2009 Couture
























Prada: What cannot be said about Prada? It's probably one of the best known brands out there. Even non-fashion freaks know who Prada is. They have definitely earned their place in the fashion world, creating the chicest of looks every year.

Then: Fall 2000 RTW
Now: Spring 2011 RTW






















Alexis MabilleMabille is a new designer who I personally love but the critics seem to not be very fond of. I love how girly everything is and how over the top he can be. Yet even with all the "frou-frou" everything he designs still manages to be incredibly wearable.

Then: Couture Fall 2008
Now: Spring 2011 Couture






















Alexander McQueen: It's hard to believe that a fashion icon like McQueen could really be gone but I think that Sarah Burton is doing a fantastic job keeping everything together. The past couple shows of hers have been great and I'm excited to see what is coming.


Then: Spring 2003 RTW
Now: Fall 2010 RTW

























Badgley Mischka: Everyone knows Badgley Mischka. You can see their dresses on Blake Lively, Katy Perry, Queen Latifah, and just about every other celebrity known to man. Like Oscar de la Renta, their dresses are usually very identifiable. They are often the trendiest and most on-the-moment piece of clothing at any party.


Then: Spring 2000 RTW
Now: Resort 2010





And finally one of my top favorites, Dolce and Gabanna: There are too many things that can be said about Dolce and Gabanna. The list goes on forever. Sophisticated, gorgeous, timeless, sexy. They never failed to make me happy each and every year.

Then: Spring 2001 RTW
Now: Fall 2010 RTW






















Sorry about the spacing (blogger is freaking out). Hope you enjoyed this!

French word of the day: Designer which (guess what?) means designer.

Au Revoir!

"The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling through street grates." - Dave Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment