Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ways to get through a hard week

I was thinking today about how much I'm dreading these next two weeks. We have ten days (count it!) until we get off for Christmas break, and it is dragging on! I realized today that it is only Wednesday and that we not only have to get through this incredibly boring and long week but then do it again next week! I feel like our break time is shorter or something this year too. It just doesn't feel right. Therefore, in preparation for these next two weeks I have come up with a couple of ways to help get through them quickly and painlessly:

First, if you are in school you're going to want to set a time that you have to finish your homework by. Say to yourself, "I'm going to finish everything by four o'clock." If you are dedicated and can get down to work then you will be able to complete everything quickly.

Second, set some sort of thing to look forward to each night. Such as, tonight I'm taking a bubble bath, tomorrow we're watching my favorite movie, Thursday I'm making my favorite dinner, etc. If you get excited about something then the day will seem to go by faster as long as the thing you are excited for is in the short term.

Third thing is to get a lot of sleep. Not to mention the fact that people who get more sleep are happier, it will also make time feel like it's going by faster.
Final thing is to smile. That sounds dumb but scientists have done a study that people who force themselves to smile always end up feeling better. If you're feeling good then you won't be thinking glumly about the next two weeks you have to survive.

I have yet another french test tomorrow that I have to prepare for. Not to mention all the reading I need to catch up with for AP World.

Also Happy 20th Birthday to my sister! Love you!

French word of the day: amuser which means amuse.

Au Revoir!

"Fashion is not just beauty, it's about good attitude."- Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment