Thursday, December 2, 2010

Model Behavior

God, I wish I could go meet with our local modeling agency now instead of having to wait another month! I just want to know if they will sign me or not. I want work and I want it now. This is something that I've become very serious about. It started as a, "You really think I could be a model?" to I want to do this right now. The problem is because I have more of the figure shape you would find on a Victoria Secret's model my dreams of walking for Gucci or Dolce and Gabbana are pretty much not going to happen but I still want what I can get in that industry. I'll post when I find out!

I started reading Sense and Sensibility yesterday and, unlike three years ago when I attempted to read it, I'm actually enjoying it. I'm to the part where Willoughby has made an appearance and him and Marianne are scorning poor old Colonel Brandon. Now, being much alike Marianne in personality, although hopefully not quite as annoying, I definitely see where she's coming from. With Willougby she has passion, excitement, and commonality while with the Colonel she is faced with a huge age difference (although in that time period it wasn't as big of a deal), a subtle personality, and a generally boring man ( at least at this point in the book). Now I know that Jane Austen has set up Brandon to appear this way at this point and that he becomes much more amiable later on, but I can't get over the giddy, head over heels kind of love that Marianne and Willoughby have (at least until he breaks her heart to marry someone richer). Anyways, can't wait to finish it. I've already seen the movie so there won't be any surprises but it's always exciting to experience the written version.

Today has been pretty boring, actually so I think I'm going to do some yoga and then go to bed.

French word of the day: Décembre which means December (wa-duh)

Au Revoir!

“Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.”- Oscar Wilde.

No comments:

Post a Comment