Saturday, December 11, 2010

Traditions

Last night I volunteered at our local elementary school's Christmas Movie Night where they watched the human version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. And it reminded me of a Christmas tradition we do every year that, for some reason, this year, I had totally forgotten about. Every day beginning in December we watch a Christmas movie leading up until Christmas eve. Today I thought I'd post some of our traditions and welcome you to post some of yours in the comments below.

As I already said one of our traditions is watching a Christmas movie every day until Christmas. My favorites are probably How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon), Santa Claus, and Home Alone 1 & 2.

Another  tradition of ours is that we usually stay at home each Christmas and on Christmas eve make enchiladas for dinner and on Christmas day we make lasagna. We've done this every year for as long as I can remember and it's one of the things that makes me most think of Christmas.

Usually we also get a tree every year and sometime in December get together to decorate it. We play Christmas music and it usually takes us about one or two hours to finish the tree. It's one of my favorite aspects of Christmas but as I said in another post, we couldn't do it this year because of our three kittens. Hopefully by next year they will be old enough that they won't be thinking of attacking everything in sight.

My parents just put out a bunch of presents so I'm going to go investigate!


French word of the day: Samedi which means Saturday.

Au Revoir!

"I wanted this, I wanted to do this, but my work is me, and it has to be done right."- Oscar de la Renta.

No comments:

Post a Comment