Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Face Value

Lundi Favoris:

Monday Favorites:


1. OPI Quarter of a Cent Cherry nail polish. I believe this is the one that I had for my mani/pedi last month but I'm not one hundred percent sure. I really loved it and wished I would've asked for the name.

2. Butter London. Haven't actually tried this one but I just love the little bottle and the vibrant color!
3. Haven't actually tried these ones either, but come on, it's Chanel. To the left is Midnight Red and to the right is Organdy.

4. Orly nail polish in Crawford's Wine. This color dries really fast and looks great on.

5. N.Y. C nail polish in Purple Pizzazz Frost. I really like this color, it comes out a very deep purple and doesn't easily chip. 




Yesterday, in class my AP World teacher gave us slips to sign in order to take the AP world exam in May. She told us that our counselor had downloaded the wrong one and had printed off the slips in Spanish. She said that it just said that we won't blame the school for any reason if we fail the exam, it even had the little college board insignia. So we all signed it and handed it back. After a couple minutes our teacher revealed that she had lied and that the slip actually said that we agreed to give our souls and our total obedience to her. She was joking, of course, but the point was all the same; don't trust people/things on face value, and more importantly never sign anything you can't read. She did this specifically to give us an example of what it was like for people back when, who were deceived by the church. The church leaders would "interpret" what was in the bible, which was written in Latin and therefore was unreadable by the general public. Then in my second period class my marketing teacher told us that one of the teachers at our school had been a fashion buyer for a store in Oregon, and had us guess who it was. When we were told I was totally surprised, and she too stated, never take anything on face value because you just never know, right?

Anyways I was just thinking about that and how people can surprise you, if you give them the chance.

I'm about to leave to go look at shoes. I probably won't get any (no money), but you never know!

French word of the day: Valeur which means value.

Au Revoir!

""Style" is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma."- John Fairchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment